SUMMARY: Loss of Purpose and Ambition
If you feel like there is a loss of purpose and ambition in your life, that you’ve forgotten what is fulfilling and meaningful, then that’s ok. Anyone who is driven in life will reach this point, possibly more than once.
Think about the word ‘purpose’. When did you first begin to contemplate whether it was present or missing in your life? Chances are, it wasn’t until the time of around mid-life. Somewhere between mid 30’s to late 50’s.
This mid-life question will show up, and when it does we make one of two decisions.
- We stuff it down quickly, shovel dirt on top and push through life using the same patterns we adopted as a child. It might look like:
- The tightest grip and control over everything around you
- Emotional outbursts whilst doing the simplest of things
- Numbing the discomfort through food, alcohol, shopping, social media, TV, being busy….
2. We loosen the grip of life and allow ourselves to dig out from the dirt
Let’s call it: The death of the 8yr old, and saying goodbye to all the limits, beliefs and labels. After the grieving of this loss we can begin a process of uncovering who we are and what we are truly capable of.
GRAB YOUR FREE LESSONS IN THE LIFE RESET MEMBERSHIP HUB HERE!